Digital Smile Design
The shape of the teeth, the shape of the lips, the structure of the face and even the meaning of the gaze are personal and form a whole. The real smile design is the one that complements this whole, it is compatible with the face and lips, makes the smile meaningful, and above all makes the person happy.
The purpose of digital smile design is to achieve a predictable result in line with the wishes and expectations, befitting within the boundaries of possibility, by planning the design to be applied and presenting the result of the process in the digital environment. Thanks to the developing software, it is possible to transfer two-dimensional planning to three-dimensional modelling and conclude it in the same way by seeing it in three dimensions in the mouth.
Thanks to digital dentistry, successful treatments are performed in a way that minimizes the margin of error with materials with high aesthetic and biological compatibility. With the developing technology, it has become possible for patients to have a more comfortable treatment process. Without causing nausea reflex caused by traditional impression materials taken before aesthetic and prosthetic procedures, measurements can be taken in digital environment thanks to advanced systems with cameras. With digital measurement systems, the treatment time is shortened and the margin of error is minimized.
Smile design is done in the following order:
1) First of all, photographs taken in the studio environment and all images taken with a digital camera through the mouth are transferred to the computer program.
2) Two-dimensional images are prepared with smile design programs on the photographs.
3) Afterwards, three-dimensional prediction models can be prepared and your smile can be rehearsed without applying an invasive procedure to your teeth with the Mock-Up technique made using plates obtained from these models.
4) Based on Mock-Up (predictive modeling) applied in the mouth, gingival symmetry and leveling are provided, primarily “Pink Aesthetics” is provided.
5) Then the teeth are minimally abraded as needed.
6) Aesthetic applications are completed in the previously designed way and adhered on the teeth.
Thanks to CAD / CAM technology, prostheses compatible with your designed smile can be produced by scraping from ceramic blocks with high precision.